Hackintoshing – Part IV

Yesterday I killed my rig. I got a new processor, Celeron E3400, switched and installed; all was working, even the thermal/fan/voltage sensors started working through MenuStats 3 (free, with a key easily findable).

There is a warranty sticker on the top of the processor.

There is a warranty sticker on the top of the processor.

I thought that was all right. With new DSDT and SSDT I could get SpeedStep. So, I booted a Lubuntu 13.04 Live CD, through USB, extracted the ACPI tables using acpidump and extracted the tables with acpixtract.

So I went to /Extra and copypasted the new stuff. Suddenly, a kernel panic appeared. I restored the old .asl files and the HDD with the system partition locked up because of so many random reboots.

Right now, there is another attempt in reinstalling SL from iATKOS distro. I thought in a ride with Mountain Lion, but my DVD drive isn’t helping me.

Advertisements